Sunday, March 25, 2012

Introducing....

Welcome to my new blog, the Resolute Catholic. As a Catholic, I have many questions(not doubts) about my faith and I try to seek out answers. It's not always easy, but the resources afforded to me by two thousand years of Catholic faith leaves me with all I need in order to find those answers.

I never found it easy to be Catholic, and admittedly, I have found it very difficult most times. I don't always live up to my faith, but as He says, the spirit is willing, though the flesh is weak. I have my own thorns to deal with and as with St. Paul, God seems to think it best that I keep them for the moment and depend on His graces to sustain me. I may not like it, but there it is.

It is said that God knows us better than ourselves, yet, I know enough to the extent that I don't always like myself, or what I do or think at times. I know my perfection is yet out of reach and I need patience. Yes...that 'P' word. I find it difficult to accept praise,  especially when someone tells me I'm a good man. I vehemently disagree with their assessment of me, for I know what passes through my thoughts at times and it ain't very Catholic at all. If I'm good at all, then it is our Lord within me that is good. I cannot take credit for this goodness that I supposedly possess.

Yes, I hate my life in this world, and the only consolation I have in saying this is what Christ said, that it is in hating our life in this world that we will save it. Of course I love my family and others around me, my Church and all that my faith encompasses, still, this life is burdensome as far as my spirituality is concerned. I do hope God changes that for me for I certainly cannot do it on my own. That I do know without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment